Saturday, March 21, 2009

Post-Game Quotes

California head coach Joanne Boyle
“I’m just proud of our team. At this time of the year, it is survive and advance. I thought we did a lot of really good things. Obviously we didn’t shoot the ball well but we found other ways to win and ultimately that is what it is.”
 
On game-plan against Fresno State
“The game-plan was to take away the three more so than anything and I think we did a really good job.”
 
On the prospect of Fresno State and Coach Adrian Wiggins and the future 
“He does a great job playing the chess match and trying the counter and I think he has been very successful with that.”
 
“He really uses an offense that is very cohesive for him and that works for him. I think that is part of being a great coach, putting in a system that really speaks to your player’s strengths.”
 
California forward/center Ashley Walker
On inspired play
“Now since I’m a senior and this is my last time going to the tournament, I kind of feel like I might as well leave everything I have out on the floor in these next couple of games.”
 
On being doubled in the post
“I’m use to be doubled, I just kind of do what I do every night. My teammates definitely helped me out. I kicked out well and when they hit, they hit and when they don’t, I try and do my best to go after the offensive rebound.”
 
California guard Natasha Vital
On perimeter defense
Fresno State is a very athletic team. They penetrate a lot so we were really focused on our defense and trying to stop guard penetration. I think it really helped us out tonight. 
 
On shooting the three-ball to start the second half
“They were doubling down a lot on our post players and leaving us open, so we have got to take those shots. We weren’t making them a lot, but we made them when it counted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment